Helping You Take Care of Yourself
Assistance in implementing Health plan
- Referral to Extra Mural for Occupational Therapy services to assist with in-home care i.e. bathing equipment, evaluation of wheelchairs and walkers.
- Referral and supervision of specialized therapy i.e. speech therapy
Participating in Your Community
Scheduling is organized to maximize socialization opportunities i.e. Special Olympics, combining clients for activities.
Activities with Others
- Attending activities of personal interest i.e. Fiddlers Night, Bingo, Jamborees, visiting friends and/or family.
- Mini-Vacation outings i.e. whale watching, Rockwood (Fredericton).Volunteering in club / group of choice
- Participation in special community events i.e. Old Home Week, community days.
We provide services to clients of Social Development and Mental Health
by being present with client in meetings that they may need someone to explain what is being said. i.e. Medical Appointments,
by providing transportation to clients who cannot get to appointments or do errands.
assistance explaining correspondence from service providers, or other documentation that they may not be able to understand.
Helping clients work on their social skills through outings and being more involved with the community groups. i.e., Prime Time Pals
providing services to families as directed by Social Development or by Court Order
Development and administration of respite care for families, who would benefit from on-call and regularized alternate care.